S.I.S.T.A. (Sisters Inspiring Sisters To Achieve) is one of two girl leadership groups at Thomson.
Last year, in addition to hosting Girls' Day, a conference to empower Grade 9 girls, S.I.S.T.A. took on the challenge of creating a literary cookbook with their recipes from around the world and their stories behind those recipes S.I.S.T.A. Soul Food: Delightful Recipes & Recollections is now ready to view and purchase. The book costs $15.00, of which $2.00 goes to a charity of the girls' choice.
The book is available for purchase at Thomson C.I. Please contact Kaydeen Leslie directly if you are interested in getting a copy.
416-396-5525 Ext. 20239
There will be a meeting for community members and parties interested in the new school project on Wednesday July 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria of Bendale BTI. Details on the new facility and the future of the existing David and Mary Thomson C.I. building will be presented. Please see the attached letter for full details.
Lawrence Midland Community Letter
David and Mary Thomson 2014-2015 Students:
Your timetable pickup dates are as follows:
- Grade 12's - Monday August 25 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Grade 11's - Tuesday August 26 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Grade 9's - Wednesday August 27 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Grade 10's - Thursday August 28 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
The first day of school is September 2, 2014.
Opening Day Schedule:
- Period 1 - 10:10 - 11:00
- Period 2 - 11:00 - 11:40
- Period 3 - 11:40 - 12:20
- Period 4 - 12:20 - 1:00
Welcome back to another great year at David and Mary Thomson!
OSSLT results are now available for pickup in Student Services.
Please check the exam schedule carefully and note the time, date and location of all of your exams.
Exam Schedule - June 2014
Please note the following exam guidelines:
- Students must present their DMT picture ID before each exam.
- Students must review the exam schedule carefully. It is every student's responsibility to be aware of their exam date, time, and room number.
- Students who are late for an exam are only permitted the time remaining.
- Students who miss an exam will receive a mark of "0" unless a medical certificate, clearly indicating the reason for the absence, is received in the office by 12:00 noon the following day.
- When dismissed from an exam by the supervising teacher, students must leave the school or report to the library for quiet study. The library is open from June 19-24 between 10:00am to 1:00pm.
- Students that have 2 exams on the same date and time, see Mr. English regarding a revised schedule.
- Students that have 3 exams on one day, see Mr. English regarding a revised schedule